Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Got head injury. Developed soft bruise and have high blood pressure. Should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 125 Questions
I hit the back of my head on sidewalk. It has soft spot and my blood pressure has go up. Do u think I need to go doctor.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 22 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

You have provided inadequate information as to be able to comment. It is not clear when the injury was, any unconsciousness or vomiting episode after injury and what is blood pressure now.

Presuming there was no unconsciousness or vomiting, I advise you to see your GP (General Practioner) who will evaluate you including BP.

What probably you need is rest and symptomatic treatment with pain relievers.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor