Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Got hard yellow bumps on scrotum. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 689 Questions
i have got hard yellow bumps on my scrotum since 5 to 6 months, there is no pain,but when i try to squeeze then it pains..
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 3 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing to us.
The hard yellow bumps look like sebaceous cysts. A sebaceous cyst is usually skin coloured, long standing and painless and occasionally associated with yellowish white discharge best described as "cheesy" in appearance. Remember that sebaceous cysts keep coming back as these have their own sheath.
If it has been hurting, its possible that there is a superadded infection which we need to treat. In the event of you being sexually active, do keep in mind the possibility of STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases).
Do not press or try to squeeze as it would neither cure your problem nor relieve the pain.
Please see a dermatologist to get them treated.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got hard yellow bumps on scrotum. Any treatment? 12 hours later
any medicine or any cream for this problem..kindly provide more information whic can help me in curing the disease..
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later

It is indeed nice to hear from you.

Although sebaceous cysts are a high possibility, you need to keep the likelihood of sexually transmitted Diseases (STD) in mind as well. This occurs in sexually active individuals and certain tests are required to confirm the diagnosis by the Dermatologist.

For a sebaceous cyst, there is no medical treatment and excision offers the only cure.

For STDs, medical therapy is available depending upon the type of disease you are suffering from. Kindly consult your dermatologist for appropriate management.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor