Got hard white bumps inside nose. Could it be cancer?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I got a white round bump inside my nose on my septum. It started I thought as a cut in my nose. It doesn't hurt, but is hard and about size on 3mm in diameter. I am scared it is cancer; it bleeds sometimes.
i have an apt with an ENT in a week or so but driving myself crazy until then.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You have done the right thing by fixing an appointment with the ENT who will examine and, if required, remove it for a biopsy. Biopsy will the final answer to any doubt you may be having.

There can be a number of reasons for the bump that you are noticing but cancer will be the last thing in my mind. So I suggest that you wait for the ENT's opinion.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you all the best.

RKK