Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Got frenulum injury during sex. Noticed blood and pain. How to cure this?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
Hi I have had my frenulum ripped off during sex, there was a lot of blood and pain still persists after 2 days... but it pains only when that area is touched or pulled. Also it pains a bit after urinating as urine might be getting over the wound. Please help.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your frenulum during sex.
Please take some antibiotic like Doxycycline along with some anti inflammatory drug like Tablet Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily. Get a prescription of the drugs from your family Physician.

Apply some topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin at the site of injury. It may take one week to get cured. Avoid sex till it heals up completely.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please let me know if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor