Got eyebrow injury long back. Used mederma cream. How to remove the mark?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dr
My daughter 6 years age now 3 yrs abck while dancing she fell down got an eyebrow injury, We went to doctor, dressed, Zifi antibiotic, no stich,
We used Mederma Cream for long time - slightly diminished.

But still it is XXXXXXX although colour is coming back. As a father i can't tolerate this XXXXXXX what we should do?

The depth around 6 mm long and it is noticeable.

Pl suggest us what to do?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.

The condition is resembling a scar XXXXXXX
Due to the trauma collagen fibres have been damaged.Unless there is collagen regeneration the condition will not improve.
You can use opexa gel over the affected area twice daily.
The improvement is usually slow may takes months.
For a rapid response a clinic based treatments would be needed.
The treatment options can be fractional Co 2 laser ,fraxel laser,Hyaluronic fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm etc.
These treatment are available at dermatology clinics.
A qualified dermatologist can provide with these options.
The cost of treatment varies form place to place.It can range from 5 thousand to 30 thousand.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
If you need any further clarification feel free to ask .
Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatologist.