Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Got external haemorrhoids, headaches and frequent urination after unprotected sex. HPT came negative. Pregnant?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
On the 15th of March I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I beleive I ovulated the 17 of March. About a week later I noticed white bumps on my nipples, and my hair got dry. I took a hpt the 1st of april and got a negative. April 2nd I spotted and bled very light for 3 days, my period is usually 5 days a quite heavy with pretty bad cramps, I had none of those. Since then i've had breast tenderness, dark veins in my chest, lots of bloating, dull cramping, irritability, white discharge, constipation and i've even gotten two external hemorrhoids which i've never had before. On the 8th of April I got a faint positive hpt but several days later got a negative hpt.. In the last two days i've ataryed getting headaches and frequent urination. Does it sound like pregnancy or could I be having a miscarraige??
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 58 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

As you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility of pregnancy.
Though your symptoms are suggesting pregnancy, just by symptoms we cannot confirm or rule out the pregnancy.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits can give false positive and also false negative results.
So you can go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound which can give more accurate results compared with urine test.
Ultrasound can detect the presence or absence of gestational sac ans also can detect possibility of miscarriage.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor