Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got cut in vagina while having a test to confirm yeast infection. Have bleeding. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Sudhir

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 1417 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: This evening I was trying to use a feminine care screening test to help confirm I had a yeast infection, or more to rule out abnormal pH. I didn't have a mirror available so I tried to insert the swab without a visual. It was painful and I stopped, but had used pressure initially. The indicator changed color immediately. I went pee right afterwards and when I wiped there was a lot of blood and stinging. I went and found a mirror and realized I pushed the test swab into my urethra opening and cut it. I immediately got in the shower, used dial soap and rinsing thoroughly. I just urinated again, a lot of stinging and blood again. What should be my next course of action? Should I go to my doctor? Or will it heal on its own if I am careful and keep it as clean as possible? I am pretty certain I do have a mild yeast infection, hence the reason for all of this, but decided not to use the Monistat treatment tonight because of this cut/injury. Will something like polysporin help?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later

Step first would be to see doctor.Severity of injury needs to be evaluate.Even if it heals on it's own , there is fear of urethral stricture formation due to fibrosis.

Though you have yeast infection, I guess you can try polysporin for the wound till you see doctor.This will prevent super-added infection.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Super-added infections

doctor1 MD

Hello, I just got my second papsmear result n they just told me I was positive for HPV!! I don t have any idea of what could b done or what is HPV until I go to see my ginecologist!! Can u help me out ?? What should I do ? How could I have gotten...

doctor1 MD

Hi I am trying to decide if I need to go to the ER. A week ago a massage therapist found multiple "lumps" throughout my body. I saw my dr and my WBC was high and they wanted me to come back in a couple weeks. Well know my entire head and neck are...