Owl Image

Got bruise on abdomen and found lump. Had an injury. Something serious?

Owl Image
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Question
Hi I am 30 y.o female fit, healthy. Work in hotel
Walked into musician carrying guitar amp. Bruise
Lower left side of abdomen on right side of pelvis
1 week ago. Still a little bruised, hurts to sleep on
Painful to touch and two small lumps present.
Not sure if it is swelling from injury and need rest or
Something more serious .

No trouble with bowel movements or urinating
All normal ribs in left side little tender no bruising
Hurts to use stomach muscles or lifting which is understandable
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the exact site of pain (whether left side or right side).
There may be possibility of abdominal muscle hematoma probably due to localized injury.
Hematoma in abdominal muscles are painful in touch as it is confined to muscle sheath.
Presence of localized pain along with tenderness suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general physician and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging to localize the depth of bruise and injury.
Hematoma gets resolved with time and as such there is no need of any medication.
You should take bed rest.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Got bruise on abdomen and found lump. Had an injury. Something serious? 15 hours later
Lower left side on right of pelvis.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 5 hours later
There is possibility of hematoma formation in muscle sheath on left side of abdomen.
You should go for ultrasound imaging for evaluation of affected site.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava