Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

189 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got bruise on abdomen and found lump. Had an injury. Something serious?

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1658 Questions

Hi I am 30 y.o female fit, healthy. Work in hotel
Walked into musician carrying guitar amp. Bruise
Lower left side of abdomen on right side of pelvis
1 week ago. Still a little bruised, hurts to sleep on
Painful to touch and two small lumps present.
Not sure if it is swelling from injury and need rest or
Something more serious .

No trouble with bowel movements or urinating
All normal ribs in left side little tender no bruising
Hurts to use stomach muscles or lifting which is understandable
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the exact site of pain (whether left side or right side).
There may be possibility of abdominal muscle hematoma probably due to localized injury.
Hematoma in abdominal muscles are painful in touch as it is confined to muscle sheath.
Presence of localized pain along with tenderness suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general physician and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging to localize the depth of bruise and injury.
Hematoma gets resolved with time and as such there is no need of any medication.
You should take bed rest.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got bruise on abdomen and found lump. Had an injury. Something serious? 15 hours later
Lower left side on right of pelvis.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 5 hours later
There is possibility of hematoma formation in muscle sheath on left side of abdomen.
You should go for ultrasound imaging for evaluation of affected site.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on Bruise

doctor1 MD

my friend has had bruising on both sides of his pelvis in a blotchy way and then a big bruise around his tail bone. This has been there for 3 months! The doctors can't figure it out but there is obviously blood coming from inside causing it. We are worried... any ideas?

doctor1 MD

I am 24 and a teacher. For the past 2 days, I have been having random dizzy spells, and have found small bruises along the veins in my legs. I have also been experiencing numbness and tingling in my arms and hands. This morning I woke up with a large bruise on the back of my calf. What could be causing this?

doctor1 MD

Hi a couple days a go I had pain in my lower side pelvic area mild pain. I also felt some discomfort towards my right thigh like I had a bruise. I had the pain for two whole days. Then, after those two days I noticed Ammonia smell in my urine. Is this serious?

Thank you

doctor1 MD

I have two questions: 1. My 2 year old daughter has very dark, smelly urine. It has only just started and she is drinking as much as she always has.2. My 5 month old son has a small bruise on his head that has not changed colour at all and has been there for 3 weeks, what could this be?

doctor1 MD

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

doctor1 MD

I had routine bloodwork done and all tests came back normal except for a raised ferratin 575. When tested again 6 weeks later it came back at another high value 445. No other tests for inflammation were done. CBC with differential all normal. I'm...

doctor1 MD

My 6 year old daughter has a bump on her forehead right below her hairline. It is about the size of a small pea. She says it is painful. It is non-movable. It has a bluish tint similar to a bruise but much lighter. It does not seem like a bump...