Owl Image

Got brown spot on scrotum after protected sex. Any STD?

Owl Image
Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Question
Hi I had protected intercourse 3 days ago (with a sex worker) and today noticed brown spot on my skin by the scrotom.

picture: WWW.WWWW.WW

What does it look like/ what could it be? Does it look like it could be a specific STD or does it look something normal?
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later
Dear Sir,

I have viewed the picture and it does not suggest that you have any STD. However, I shall still be highly concerned about the unprotected sex. I shall advise you to refrain from it in future and also to visit your nearest STD clinic if any urinary symptoms appear.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Got brown spot on scrotum after protected sex. Any STD? 13 hours later
I used a condom....

what does this brown spot look like to you:

picture: WWW.WWWW.WW
can it be genital warts/HPV or it doesn't look like it???

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later
Dear Sir,

It is good that you used condom. The spot does not appear to be wart or telltale sign of any other STD. It appears to be secondary to hair being accidently pulled up.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Got brown spot on scrotum after protected sex. Any STD? 5 minutes later
Thanks for your response Dr. XXXXXXX Goel,

but if you see genital wart... can you automatically know? Like it has a certain look to it?

Are you expert in diagnosing STD??

thank you

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 24 minutes later
Dear Sir,

I see STD patients every day and even operate on patients with warts. The warts shall appear raised irregular lesions and on appearance they shall appear like the surface of cauliflower.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel