Owl Image

Got bleeding during intercourse. Took ECP. Any chance of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question

We had unprotected sex during the 5th day of my period, when my bleeding stopped. But then, during sex I started bleeding again. He lost control and he ejaculated inside me. Later that night and day after I was having bleeding. I took ipiil early next morning and found that I have brownish discharge for 3 days after i took the pill. My periods are due for 19th this month. Do i stand chances of pregnancy?
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

The chance of pregnancy is very less in your case, as:
-Usually ovulation will not occur on 5th day of the periods.
-You took emergency pill within prescribed time.

Sometimes bleeding during periods can occur for 6 to 7 days. So if the bleeding is not heavy, no need to bother.
I pill can cause menstrual irregularities as side effects and brown discharge is one of them.
So possibly you will get your periods in time. Sometimes I pill may alter the menstrual cycle, so if you miss your date also better to wait for one week before going to a pregnancy test.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.