Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Got an ACL surgery with harmstring graft for leg. Having pain in kneecap while climbing steps. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
I got an ACL Surgery with Harmstring graft for my right leg past 4 months back.I have started my regular activites like little bit of walking and strengthing of my muscles with sandbag and therband. Iam getting much pain in kneecap while climbing steps or when doing strengthing exercises.
Is my problem solves with PayaSoup?. If not please guide me how to reduce pain gradually
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Paya soup helps in healing the injury of the ligament and bones, so you can continue taking this as per your taste. But to get rid from the pain you have to follow some instructions:
1. As you have under gone surgery 4 months back, you are not allow to do hard exercises that put pressure on knee joint. You can Climb stairs but with proper care that your knee cannot feel pressure.
2. Do regular exercise as per direction of your physiotherapist to get strength to your knee joint.
3. You may continue physiotherapy like wax bath if your doctor advise you.
4. Do hot fermentation of the knee twice a day.
5. Can take analgesic drugs and apply local gel at the site to reduce pain.
6. Wear a knee cap or brace while walking or climbing stairs. This will give stability to your joint.

Feel free to consult your treating doctor if your pain persists. He will guide you better as he known your injury well and the other measures he can take to get relief.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer your other related query.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor