Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

177 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got a small piece of tissue stuck in urethra. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi, I think I may have gotten a small piece of tissue stuck in my urethra. It is hard to tell if there is anything in my urethra because I don't see anything and I am not it any pain. I feel a little discomfort, but that may just be in my head/mind. What should I do?
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 16 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The feel means that there may be block in the urethra called STRICTURE.
This can be ruled out by doing tests like uroflowmetry.
You may have to contact your GP/ UROLOGIST to get the same done.
I will also be happy to comment on the results once you upload them.
Wishing you best health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got a small piece of tissue stuck in urethra. What should I do? 22 minutes later
Well, since it is a piece of tissue, wouldn't urinating cause it to get soggy and force it out? Or would it become a wet mess of tissue pieces and travel further into the urethra or even the bladder? Should I worry about this?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome back.
If you have passed similar bits of tissues in the urine earlier, then it could well be tissue bits in which case it is likely to be passed out. Still medical advice is needed to check for the cause.
More commonly, it may be a narrow part in the urethra that is causing the problem.
You need physical examination to look at the urethra opening and order for uroflowmetry tests to check the urine flow rate.
It is always better to intervene early to avoid complications like kidney failure in the long run.
Kindly consult asap.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now