Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Got a skin disease due to harsh water. How to treat the marks on skin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
It's been more than a year since I got a skin disease due to harsh water. The marks of the zit-like formations still remain. I consulted many doctors but none of the medications worked. Please help.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Pigmentation you are describing can be postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Ideal treatment for it would be chemical peeling ,dermabrasion or fractional co2 laser.

You can expect a improvement of 70-75 % after the procedures.

These treatments are available at dermatology clinics.6-12 sittings of the procedures would be needed for optimum results.

If you can upload photos of the affected area (face) it will help in giving specific advice.

There is feature to upload the reports / image by yourself on this web page, please utilize that so that I can comment further.

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention Dr. Sudarshan”.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor