Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Got a penile injury. How to get rid of pain?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
bumped the head of my dick while it was hard now its ultra sensitive and hurts when anything touches it, can't even walk without being in pain as it rubs against my underwear. Is there anything I can do?
it was a little lightly sensitive in some areas before that it was just an annoying feeling but now its painful,
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can home-treat mild traumatic penile injury

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, you are suffering from mild traumatic penile injury which does not require much treatment besides managing the pain (even at home level). It is simply sensitive to touch or painful probably because of mild micro-bruising. What you will need to do is avoid getting it to touch anything rough. When you are at home, you could take cold ice packs then rap around when resting then get fine gauze packs and rap around your penis when you are about to go out. The rapping should be in such a way as not to inconvenient you but rather present contact with other surfaces such as your underwear or thighs. Also use of oral or local analgesia can help greatly with the pain and you may get some over-the-counter (try ibuprofen, diclofenac, acetaminophen etc).
It is also possible that infection could be responsible for aggravating your conditions in that case, you will need to see a doctor for evaluation and provision of a script for antibiotics.
Patience is the key to your treatment. It is clear that with time it will heal completely but do not precipitate and apply any harsh substances or soaps or any other lotions that you are not sure about that could instead aggravate the sensitivity hence pain.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Do feel free to write any follow-up queries.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor