Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Got a movable lumps near anus. What could be this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
lump on anus my husband just found a lump that is a little bit larger than a peanut. it is dark in color. it does not look like a pimple, and it is on the rim of his anus. he found it while in the shower, and the lump moves under the skin. what could this be?
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Thanks for the question.

In view of details provided by you, it looks like he has got piles/hemorrhoids.Hemorrhoids are enlarged, swollen veins in the anus. Hemorrhoids can occur inside the anus (internal hemorrhoids) or outside of the anus (external hemorrhoids).

Since it is under the skin possibilities of genital wart and polyp are unlikely.

I guess he should see a surgeon sooner.Because piles can lead to rectal bleeding and can progress needing more aggressive treatment.

Hope this answers your question.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got a movable lumps near anus. What could be this? 10 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX If surgery is needed, how long is the recovery normally? My husband is too embarrassed to call his doctor about this issue as well. How soon should we contact his doctor?

Thank you for your time
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 31 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up question.

I don't think surgery would be first option in his case.There are multiple medical and minor surgical procedures which can help him.

With most treatments, he wont need hospitalization or long break from work.

In my view he should see doctor sooner.It's very common condition and doctor wont make him feel embarrassed. So ask him not be worried.

Hope this answers your question.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor