Got a bump after hitting head. No bleeding or bruising. Should i go to doctor?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Question: Hi this morning I was feeding my daughter and my phone fell on her head and I think she has a small bump on the front of her head but I'm not sure. There's no bleeding or bruising she seems a little more fussy but I can console her and she took her normal nap. I just feel HORRIBLE!!! And my pediatrician is not in the office today!
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 51 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Phone falling on the head might not have caused any serious XXXXXXX injury.
The fussiness could be due to pain. Give her tylenol for relief.

Only in case of serious XXXXXXX injury, medical attention is required. XXXXXXX injury should be suspected if the following are seen -
1. Bleeding from ears or nose
2. Seizures
3. Persistent , inconsolable cry
4. Persistent vomiting
5. Loss of consciousness

Since none of these were found in your daughter's case, there is no need to worry. Just give tylenol for pain relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini