Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Got Fungus infection on penis. Suggest injections instead of clotrimazole?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Fungus infection of penis.
are there any injections?
Instead of conventional clotrimazole?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral tablets are much better than injection

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Antifungal injections are not recommended for just local fungal infection.Injections are given for serious systemic fungal infection( that means the infection has spread the blood streams). You can try taking a single dose of FLUCONAZOLE after consulting your doctor. If you still want to know about the injections, I will be happy to give the details in the follow up query.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,     
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got Fungus infection on penis. Suggest injections instead of clotrimazole? 14 hours later
So, clotrimazole is probably best?
Oral tablets...Ketoconazole (anti-fungus) tablets??
Nizoral tablets,cream
-Ketozole Cream,Extina foam
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fluconazole is better than ketoconazole.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You can use clotrimazole cream for local application, for a oral treatment when compared to Ketoconazole Fluconazole is much better. It has good compliance because of single dosing and less hepato (liver) toxic effect. You can use ketoconazole cream as an alternative to clotrimazole for local application.

ndly consult your doctor for a prescription.
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor