Good morning. i had a cold that seemed to linger

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Good morning. i had a cold that seemed to linger for weeks. Mostly consisted of mild headache, sinus pressure and pain, sinus drainage, chest congestion and fatigue. Was thinking i was getting over it when yesterday, suddenly there was a pain in the back on the left side of my throat (only). Got worse overnight. A bit painful to swallow and there is a slightly swollen area with a white splotch on it. See attached picture. The only other symptoms i have (now that my congestion has eased up) is slight fatigue, low energy, feel a little cold, and a mild pain in my left ear. No sign of fever. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hii. Hope you are doing well. From the history and picture you have provide

Detailed Answer:
Hii. Hope you are doing well. From the history and picture you have provided its evident that you are having acute tonsillitis along with allergic rhinosinusitis. You should consult an ENT surgeon. Throat swab should be taken and sent for culture and sensitivity. Do a X ray pns,routine blood investigation. Start on antibiotic may be amoxicillin clavulanic group, betadine gargle,nasivion nose, antiallergic tablet,steam inhalation. Please review with reports.Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yah. That will work. At least take it for a week.

Detailed Answer:
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 1 minute later
I have augmentin. Will that work?