Good day. I have such problem like a fatique within
It seems chronic fatigue syndrome
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your question and here is my advice.
I am sorry to hear of your problem and I can understand its impact.
While there are many diseases that can cause fatigue and these must be ruled out.. These include low haemoglibin, hypothyroidism, metabolic disorders, CNS disease, chronic kidney or heart disease, malabsorption like celiac, etc. We would work a full panel of labs besides detailed examination and history to rule out if any organic disease is causing this. If your tests are already done, Kindly upload the reports so that I am better able to help.
Besides these, drugs, and psychiatric disease may also cause fatigue .
However the above mentioned causes most probably would have been ruled out in your case. The point is that if this exists for 10 years, it's unlikely to be for any serious disease.
One common syndrome, which fits here well is the chronic fatigue syndrome. I understand how distressing it could be but the good point is that it not going to be a serious condition. This also is associated with chronic headaches. So I feel you may be suffering from CFS .
Let me be honest to say that the management of Chronic fatigue syndrome has never been very rewarding nor we know exactly mechanism of the disease. The most effective therapy for it (if any) is cognitive behavioural therapy. There is little role for low dose anti-depressent. Graded exercise program also have a role. So it's quite a long term program and may not be of great reward.
Best luck .
Hopes I have answered your question.
I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Rahman. .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol