Good Morning, I have seen bright red blood in my
Add'l bkground: I am up to date on colonoscopy screening. I have been drinking metamucil every morning for 20 + years, so my bowels are very regular, often twice before noon, and always loose. I never strain to pass a stool. I am in very good health. I'm 5 ' 8" tall and weight 130#, a weight I have maintained forever. I exercise 5x/week. Fundamentally, I am very healthy, but concerned about the blood in the stool, especially since I want to leave town tomorrow, as planned.
Thank You for your advice, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
It is absolutely harmless
It is completely normal to have somewhat red stools after eating beets. Considering your history with updated colonoscopy as well, you should not be worried at all. Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has