Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Going for an ear piercing. Suggest which medicine to give in case of pain and infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 822 Questions
My daughter is going through an ear piercing. Please suggest which medicine to give her in case of pain and infection.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

Thanks for your query

That is good to listen that you are preparing to combat any adverse event because of ear piercing.
Well if the instruments used are sterile then no need to use antibiotics.

However, you can give her paracetamol for painkiller and ampicillin as antibiotic after consulting your doctor; he will guide you about its dosage and timings.

Take care of her and do apply local anesthetic lignocaine as a painkiller, after consultation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor