Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Give tips to increase height

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My age is 25 and i am 5"4 Any tips to increase heaight ?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below
Detailed answer..
Thanks for the query.
I know you must be very keen to get your height increased but at your age,there is no way left which can increase your height substantially.
Although it is possible to add a inch or inch and half,but to add another 5 or 6 inches or more is not possible.
As it is there with other features of your body,a person's height is also determined by the genetic structure,he receives from his parents.There is no way by which this genetic structure be modified now.
I know you must be feeling disappointed by my answer,but my effort is to make you realise the truth.
In daily life,you must be encountering very fancy ads claiming to increase your height,but frankly speaking,they are all frauds and my sincerest suggestion to you is not to fall for those.
There are growth plates present in your limbs,which are responsible for the growth of the person.Once these plates fuse,the growth of the person stops.These plates fuse maximum by 23-24 years of age.So scientifically,a substantial increase in height is not possible at your age now.
You can add some height by adopting following measures..
Good nutrition comprising of fresh fruits,dry fruits,green vegetables,eggs,chicken,fish etc.
Avoiding alcohol,tobacco and drugs
Regular aerobic exercises for 45-60 minutes a day.
Regular yoga
Very good sleepĀ 
Don't loose any heart as every person on this earth doesn't get everything.
Be happy and contented with whatever almighty god has given you.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor