Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting weird sensation in penis area and above penis. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 750 Questions
I have been getting this weird sensation in my penis area and above my penis i usually don't notice until I have my first pee of the day thn it appears on and off thru the day it's more annoying then painful what could this be
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Good Day and thank you for being with Health care Magic!

Penile pain is usually caused by an infectious process. I would want for you to get a urinalysis to check if you have infection in the urinary tract. If you have an infection then a proper antibiotic can be given. Do you have urethral discharge or pus coming out the penis? If yes, we might be dealing with STD and you need to get treated immediately.

Other causes of penile pain is trauma to the genitalia through contact sport or simply rough sexual intercourse. A dose of an NSAIDs (paracetamol, ibuprofen) will usually relieve the pain and the swelling.

I hope i have answered your question and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting weird sensation in penis area and above penis. What could be the cause? 7 hours later
No I have never had any discharge or pus in penis and I hourly really say its in my penis it's just a weird sensation round my penis like in my pubic area and i feel it more when I had to pee nd its not painful just a strange feeling and ome ties I feel it in my penis but never had any discharge of any kind
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 7 hours later
Good day !

That is good that you don't have penile discharge or any history of such. Another consideration are an inguinal hernia or a varicocoele that might cause the pain/discomfort in the pubic area. I would suggest having an appointment with your Urologist to have a complete physical examination.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor