Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Getting urge to urination after having sex with a burning sensation. No STD. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
When me and my husband have sex. I have a burning like uncomfortable feeling. But me and my husband have both been checked out before we got married and we don't have any STDs. But every time we have sex I have to go pee every time after sex . An it feels like my bladder s filling up with urine unexpectedly. So what could be wrong?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 52 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I assume that you have these symptoms only during intercourse and not during urination or defecation or any other time .Also i assume you have no associated symptoms of infection like foul discharge,pain in pelvic abdomen or burning micturition .Considering so it seems unlikely that you have any STDs or infection causing such symptoms .
It could possibly be either due to inadequate lubrication , or uncomfortable position or inadequate foreplay or irritation/ friction of urethra . Rarely it could indicate a latex allergy if condoms are used during intercourse .
To avoid such symptoms you need to make sure you take some precautions like , adequate foreplay and lubrication before penetrative sex ,making sure to use toilet just before sex, avoiding uncomfortable positions or excessive/ unpleasant friction , avoiding latex contraceptives , usual genital hygeine measures etc.
If in case the problem persists despite these measures then it is necessary to rule out a fungal or bacterial infection which could cause similar symptoms .
The best way to confirm would be to get yourself examined by your doctor ( gynaecologist preferably ).
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask any further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor