Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Getting tiny bumps on forehead. White stuff comes out after squeezing. Is it curable?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I am a african american male. For years I have had a lot of tiny bumps on my forehead. I ve tried everything I can think up to resolve the problem. If I squeeze them, white cheesy stuff comes out and they will go away for a couple days then return. They sometime develope into larger, painfull pimples. What are they and can I be cured? Please help and advise.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later

You are suffering from acne and seborrhea.

Acne is a chronic condition.

It can go away with treatment and come back.

With treatment the black spots and acne scars / pits are prevented.

Treatment of acne consists of topical medication like clindamycin,azithromicin, benzoyl peroxide, retinoic acid products etc.

Face wash containing tea tree oil is also very useful.

Chemical peeling with salicylic acid, glycolic acid is very much useful.

Please visit a good dermatologist who can offer you all these options.

Home remedies like turmeric ,oatmeal,cucumber face masks are also useful.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor