Getting stomach pain in cold weather. Is it spleen related?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: spleenMy girlfriend complains of stomach pains when it's cold outside. I did a Google search and found information that led me to possibility that her condition may be spleen related. She's 34. 163 lbs, 5' 10". She also usually has very cold hands. Can stomach pains during cold weather be a serious issue?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that stomach pains during cold weather is not a serious issue.

The most common reason could be cramps involving the abdominal wall muscles (which are sensitive to cold weather).

Please watch for other symptoms such as vomiting, indigestion, constipation, etc. If these symptoms occur, an ultrasound examination of the abdomen could be done.

As of now, there is no need to worry.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM