question-icon

Getting stomach pain during periods. Treatment?

Posted on Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Question: hi doc this is sambedana Panda ,i want to ask about my periods problem.I m getting stomach pain on my periods...so what are the precautions that i should take?please help me out
?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Take pain-killers

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It is common to have some discomfort and pain during menstrual periods, especially during first 2-3 days. It is a normal phenomenon and it is usually considered as an indication that you have ovulated during the previous menstrual cycle.

Mostly nothing is required if the pain is bearable.
Still if you think that a medicine would help, then you can take pain-killer like brufen 200 as required or 2 -3 times a day. In most cases this is the only measure that is required.

Let me know if you need further clarification

Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj