Getting skin boils on right leg. What could it be?

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi doctor, my wife is suffering from too many skin boils, it has been around an year that we got married, bt frm last 2months she is getting too many. i am attaching few of them, except one all are on her right leg.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Opinion on Recurrent boils Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX The skin lesions in the photographs are furuncles or boils. It is a bacterial infection of hair follicle. Recurrent furuncles can be due to a very virulent strain of staphylococcus aureus or due to poor immunity. Diseases which decrease immunity like diabetes and anemia should be ruled out. As this bacteria is sensitive to ciprofloxacin she can be prescribed a course of ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for seven days along with local application of mupirocin cream ( T-Bact) thrice a day. Get these prescribed by your doctor. Get her sugars and Hemoglobin checked. Once the course of Ciprofloxacin is over please consult a good dermatologist to treat carrier state of staphylococcus aureus to prevent recurrences. Hope this helped, Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj