Getting sharp pain in belly button and ribs. What is causing this?

Dr. Rajesh Gajwani

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: i've got sharp pain above my belly button, and it goes up to my left ribs, and sometimes some pain on my right side what could it be?
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 2 hours later

After reading your symptoms i feel that you may be suffering from chronic giardiasis / parasitic infection for which you need certain investigations done such as stool examination and USG abdomen for a definitive diagnosis.

Meanwhile you can take over the counter medication for pain.

I would recommend you to consult either your physician for the same. These are easily treatable.
Hope this answers your query.