Getting sharp abdominal pain and constipation with blood in stool. What is the cause and cure?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi doctor,
i am23 years unmarried female
For past 1 month i am getting sharp pain when i am passing stool in the morning i had constipation problem before after that now also i had tight motion once in with blood is anything i have to be worried and i am taking for past 2 days Naturolax fibre supplimentry now i am not seeing any blood but still i feel the pain in the begining when iam passing stools and the pain is not lasting more than 2 minutes?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

If the pain is localised in the rectum area, most likely you have anal fissure. This condition is caused by constipations and hard stool. This is simple wound in the rectum which causes strong pain while passing stool. Sometimes it also gives fresh blood in stool.
In some cases such symptoms can be also caused by hemorrhoids, but the pain is not so strong.
If your pain is located in the lower left abdomen, you may have diverticles.
To have your fissure treated you should:
- increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake
- avoid constipations and do not push hard on stool
- avoid fatty foods and soft drinks
- sitz baths with Quercus Cortex two times a day
- wash your rectum after every bowel movement and keep this area dry and clean
- Xylocaine Gel and Nitroglicerin Gel can be helpful
- hemorrhoids suppositories can help as well

Such treated fissure should get healed in a week or so. If not, you should consult your doctor and have colonoscopy performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
hi doctor i am taking that fibre supplimentry naturalx fibre after taking this will the stool will be floating ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Fiber supplement can improve your stool, however it can be not sufficient without diet change and mineral water intake. So you can use it but as an addition to mentioned diet.

Hope this will help.
Regards.