Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Getting severe pain in back when sexually excited. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
I am 50 year old woman and i am getting severe pain in my back when i am sexually excited, but not actually performing the act. i do have back pain problem, but i get shooting pain in my back, when i am excited. why so? and what is the remedy? Pl. advise
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 18 minutes later

I have read your question with diligence. Will you please answer some questions so that I can help you address the problem better:
- Since when are you suffering from this problem?
- Do you have discharge from vagina?
- Do you have fever?

Please reply...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting severe pain in back when sexually excited. What could be the cause? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor. I am suffering from this problem for the last 8-10 months and , yes i do had discharge from vagina and for sometime i suffered from itching and burning feeling also. i could not participate in the sex for a very long time as it was very painful. But now it is ok. No discharge also. But experiencing severe back pain especially in the morning hours, immediately after i woke up. and the shooting pain when i get excited. Sometimes the pain goes up to inside my head, and for few minutes i cannot be normal. But all this when i am excited only and not when i actually had sex. No I don't have fever Pl. help
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through all details you have provided. The symptoms you reported are not suggestive any serious back problems. Your symptoms mimics with presentation of DYSPAREUNIA - a condition where there is pain before or during intercourse. Your problem is related with pain in back during excitement. I feel that you should get yourself examined by a gynecologist.

During sexual arousal there is increase in blood flow in organs within our lower abdomen. With increase of blood flow there is congestion in these organs. This is painful when there is other infection or there is other condition which is known as endometriosis.

I think similar kind of situation would be responsible for your ache.

You would need consult your gynecologist and plan for some investigations like ultrasound scan of whole abdomen, CT / MRI scan of the abdomen. If it comes positive then you may get relief with hormone preparations.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

With regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor