Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Getting severe cramps during period. Easy way to get cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
My daughter is 24yrs old and has always had major cramping with her period, her bowels will just let loose during that time also. But the last 2 months she has passed out at work, she had eaten both times. Can you help me, help her? Scary for a mom! I had a complete hysterictomy when I was 24yrs old. Adhesions and poly cyctic ovaries. If that helps.. And she has never been pregnant.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Symptoms of major cramps during periods suggests severe dysmenorrhea.
Diarrhea during periods suggests PMDD- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder which is a severe form of PMS (Premenstrual syndrome).
This is seen in 2-4% of women in reproductive life.

I recommend you to get an ultrasonography done to rule out secondary causes of severe dysmenorrhea.

Treatment of her dysmenorrhea includes:
1. NSAID's for symptomatic relief.
2. Cyclical progesterone therapy.
3. Calcium supplementation.

Hope i have answered all your queries.
You could ask me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor