Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Getting renal colic before and after period. Can I develop this after pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
I have been getting renal colic 4 day before and during my period, since having my first child, urologist says it is just clacification but wandering of oit could be endometriosis, I was tested for this when I was 18 but it came back negative can it develop after pregenancy?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
If the pain in the renal region is specifically related to your periods then endometriosis is likely. The ectopic endometrial tissue is less likely to be related to the kidneys since these are retroperitoneal structures. It is more likely to be be intraperitoneal.
Endometriosis can develop at any age- even after pregnancy. A diagnostic laproscopy will help in proper diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor