Getting pulled muscle symptoms on upper part of the body. Have disc buldge problem. Feeling weak and light headed

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz

Posted on Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am 31..getting pulled muscle symptoms on the upper part of my chest and presure is localised there from last 5 days ..i have disc bulge problem in l4-5 from last 2 yrs..recently when i done MRI scan found there is bulge in l1-2 and in the neck C3-c4..is that upper chest presure relates to disc bulge or any other..i am too stressed about this and getting spining episodes from today morning..feeling weak while walking and lightheadedness.is it related to heart or any other..

ast night i had one HIFENAC-MR Tablet for pain relief..
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upper Chest Pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
Upper chest pressure is not related to disc bulge of recent MRI.
Pressure on chest due to heart pathology,the patient feels pressure radiated to neck or arms, facial pallor and profuse sweating.
Also the probability of having a chest pain due to heart pathology is related to cardiovascular risk factors (diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, smoking, obesity, sedentary lifestyle) and with age (it is more likely from 45 years).For your age and if you dont have cardiovascular risk factors, the probability of having a chest pain due to heart pathology is low.
However your doctor may make an electrocardiogram to rule out cardiac pathology.If the ECG is normal, Anxiety is a possible diagnosis.
(pressure in the chest, weak and lightheadedness are symptoms of anxiety.)
Go to your doctor to make an ECG and prescription of anxiolytics drugs( if ECG is normal and he deems it appropriate).
I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Hi..

Thanks for your response..

I am not able to explain it clearly..upper chest presure only on left side below my neck and above heart..(as I am always sleeping on the same side )when I searched in google, if this is heart related it will radiate from that place to all other parts (shoulders,neck,back)..but I can observe stiffness is localized there itself..

yes..becuse of this i am bit anxious..may be is this the reason to get lightheadedness..?
Brief Answer:
Chest Pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
The usual location of chest pressure due to cardiac pathology is not under the neck or the upper chest, is in the center of the chest.
From the center of the chest may radiate to neck, shoulder, arms ....
Also are very important added symptoms as facial pallor or sweating that you dont have.And too are very important the cardiovascular risk factors and age.
A pressure in the center of the chest with sweating and facial pallor on a 50 year old obese, smoker and with high blood pressure is worrisome.
A pressure in the upper chest without sweating and facial pallor in a male of 31 years without cardiovascular risk factors is not worrisome.
However, your doctor can make an ECG for your peace of mind.
About lightheadedness ,anxiety is one of the main pathologies that cause this symptom.
I wish you good health.