Getting pressure in head and difficulty to breath. No nausea or dizziness. What to do?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: i get severe pressure in my head and fills like my eyes are going to pop out the more i move around the worse it gets and then my breathing beccomes heavy to the point i have to ly dowm this comes and goes usually last about 5- 6 days
the systoms stop as long as i am sitting or lying dowm as soon as i get up its like it rushes to my head..... i have no dizziness or nasuea with this at all Also i have check out by my cartiolgist and a pulmanory dr found nothing

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

I could read through the details that you explained.

Since the major organs seems to be normal as discussed with Cardiologist and pulmonary physician I would ask you to remain calm now.

The next step is to think of primary headaches like migraine / tension headache. During this assessment it is important to get a CT scan brain too. I understand that you are concerned about brain tumor. I would like to say that brain tumors would present with pulsating headache associated with nausea and vomiting. The headache features does not subside on lying down or sitting. They are most often constant.

So suggest a review by physician for tension/migraine and also CT scan brain.

Let me know after his assessment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli