Getting pimple on lip line. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Question: I've been get pimple on my lip line I pop ten they leave a red XXXXXXX Then they come back later. How do I stop this, this has been going on for a year already. I'm tired of it.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 40 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
Think back to the three basic causes of the pimple or acne (1) unclog pores, (2) kill bacteria, and (3) minimize oil.

1. Open the pores: Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation. A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores.

2. Kill the bacteria: The most popular ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is benzoyl peroxide. Products come in the form of gels, creams, and lotions, which are applied to the affected area.

3. Reduce the oil: Use a gentle astringent/toner to wipe away oil.

Lifestyle changes to be followed are:
1. Probably the most useful lifestyle changes you can make are to never to pick or squeeze pimples.
2. Take a complete sound sleep of eight hours.
3. Eat three good meals and drink eight glasses of water per day.
4. Cleanse your face 3-4 times daily.
5. Apply a gel or cream which ever suits you or suggested by your doctor.
6. At night, apply a spot cream to the affected areas.
7. Use a light skin moisturizer and water-based oil-free makeup.
8. Wash your mouth properly after every meals.
9. Avoid sugary, oily, fatty and junk food.

If this all lifestyle changes and precautions does not help you than consult your doctor for further medical treatment. The pimple can be due to viral infection like Herpes Simplex which need antiviral therapy. Clinical examination is must to get to a diagnosis. Medical treatments available are:
1.     Treatment with antibacterial and antibiotics tropical creams
2.     Treatment with oral antibiotic (which you have already taking)
3.     Cortisone Injections
4.     Laser Treatment
5.     Hormonal Therapy

Medical treatment can be mixed or independent depending upon the pimples. Treatment requires patience and perseverance. Any of the treatments may take two or three months to start working. Unless there are side effects such as dryness or allergy, it is important to give each regimen or drug enough time to work before giving up on it and moving on to other methods.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any doubt.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh