Getting period, pregnancy test negative. Is there any chances of getting pregnant?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Can you still be pregnant, while having periods?
Can you be pregnant with a negative blood test at 7 months along?

YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 32 minutes later

Once you had periods there are no chances of pregnancy. Withdrawal bleeding only occurs when there is no pregnancy, so the layers of uterus get shed and you have periods.

Means having periods rules out pregnancy.

Once you are pregnant and blood test detects pregnancy early then any other test. A test for pregnancy can not be negative in case of pregnancy.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh