Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Getting painful vaginal discharge and feeling uncomfortable. Not cured by medicine. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Practicing since :1974

Answered : 2758 Questions

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have mucous coming from my ureter and vagina; I am on my second round of antibotics, and not getting a relief at all. I am in an extreme amount of pain. Can you be of any help to me at all? I am 69 yrs. of age and post spinal surgery x3. Thank you in advance for responding. I am also having a tremendous amount of spasms, and I am very uncomfortable. I was on Cipro for 10 days and still did not get any relief; taking a second antibiotic now x3 days. Nothing seems to help, and I am beginning to get a little concerned.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Are you having Diabetes? In that case you will need to control your blood sugar level to the maximum extent.

You should consult your gynecologist and do a culture and sensitivity test from the urethral and vaginal discharge.The treatment can be decided according to the result. Moreover, an ultra sound examination of abdomen and pelvis will rule out any other pathology concerned with uterus and urinary system.

If it is sterile on culture and no abnormal pathology in USG, then your symptoms of cramps and pain should disappear soon. You can even ignore the mucoid discharge and it may get settled spontaneously.

Your gynecologist will guide in these regards.

Get well soon.

Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Ultra sound

doctor1 MD

i have burning cramps in my feet which prevents me walking. I get shooting pains in my arms and sudden swelling with red blotchy skin of my hands that comes and goes. I feel tired and run down and often find I can t continue after mid/late afternoon so I have to rest. My memory is shockingly bad and I m female age 45. My Iron levels are usually in the high range of normal and a few weeks ago it was alarmingly high but has returned to my normal . There were some liver enzymes detected in my last 2 blood tests and I am waiting for an ultra sound scan of my liver.

doctor1 MD

hiii docter,im suffering with impotence and l4,l5 disc bulge sensitive penis can i know how to cure that and i have phleboliths 23 of age,75 of wt and suffering with above symptoms for last one year .my ultra sound scan are clear showing no bad signs . then wats mistake in me .

doctor1 MD

Hi, my name is Michelle. I am a 19 year old and I took an MRI for my back because I was having lower back nerve pain from a college soccer injury. But when I got the results back, they said that they found nothing wrong with my lower back but instead, the doctors found a dark shadow in my right kidney. So I took an Ultra sound for it and the dark shawdow was about as big as a quater maybe a little bigger right in the center of the kidney. What does this dark shadow mean?

doctor1 MD

30 minutes after a run yesterday, that i did not feel was extremely stressful. my heart felt out of rhythm and i was coughing. i felt like the cough was to get it back in rhythm, is it? i am a 50 year old female, have high blood pressure and am about 40 # overweight. i have had a EKG and stress test w/ultra sound and everything is normal.

doctor1 MD

I started having symptoms about 7 weeks ago. Head congestion, then chest congestion, some fever, a cough, shortness of breath , and now pain in my chest under my left breast. (always after eating or drinking and random, when not, pain is worse...

doctor1 MD

I m freaking myself out that I have bladder cancer! I ve had frequent urination for about two months. Now I m having dull pains and cramps on my sides and lower abdominal

doctor1 MD

I’ve had a month of upper left rib pain , right near the left breast area. Had ultra sound chest X-ray, both normal, but spleen a bit enlarged 13.2. GP thinks muscular skeletal. I still have pain, not as intense as before. He doesn’t think ct is...