Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Getting pain under lower rib cage while standing or walking, sore to touch. What is going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
hi i was laying on my bed and when i sat up or move or walk around i have bad pain under my right hand lower rib cage,when i press on it it is very sore to the touch,kinda a bruised feeling but at this time no showing of an outside bruise?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I have gone through the query and the medical history.

I feel that this condition is non worrisome at this stage. Any pain that is described to be sore on the rib cage is thought to be costochondritis by the physicians. It needs simple analgesics like Motrin / Advil 400mg for quick relief, if you are not allergic to Ibuprufen. You should be cautious using these medicines if you have peptic ulcer disease or asthmatic.

With a history of fibromyalgia this can be sore point of the many hot spots that you have. I suggest to XXXXXXX the treating doctor if fibromyalgia is uncontrolled.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about your problem. I will be happy to address further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor