Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Getting pain under breast and have spots under skin. What could be causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
i have an awful pain from my back to under my right breast which appears to be continuous . i don't really have a rash but a few spots under the skin which i can feel i did have a bit of a rash for a little while not even a day but its the pain which is really debilitating. It tends to lessens throughout the day when I'm up but it start when I'm in bed. its very difficult to sleep.ITS THE PAIN WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO FUNCTION THROUGHOUT THE DAY ITS NOT JUST A BACK PAIN BUT THE PAIN COMES FROM MY BACK AROUND AND UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST THE PAIN IS THE SAME LEVEL AS MY BREAST BUT IT CONTINUES ALL THE WAY ROUND IT A CONTINUOUS PAIN IT THROBS AND IS VERY VERY PAINFUL . IT EASES THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
thanks for writing in.
There are two possibilities
1. herpes infection
2. spinal disease.
You need to consult a physician immediately. An x XXXXXXX of the spine and the corresponding rib cage or an MRI will help rule out any bony problem. The radiating severity of pain along a circular course along with some rash goes more in favor of herpes. the treatment of an established case is gabapentene, neurotropic vitamins and acyclovir tablets and ointment.
i hope this answers your doubt.
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor