Getting pain under breast and have spots under skin. What could be causing this?

Dr. Ketan Vagholkar

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Question: i have an awful pain from my back to under my right breast which appears to be continuous . i don't really have a rash but a few spots under the skin which i can feel i did have a bit of a rash for a little while not even a day but its the pain which is really debilitating. It tends to lessens throughout the day when I'm up but it start when I'm in bed. its very difficult to sleep.ITS THE PAIN WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO FUNCTION THROUGHOUT THE DAY ITS NOT JUST A BACK PAIN BUT THE PAIN COMES FROM MY BACK AROUND AND UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST THE PAIN IS THE SAME LEVEL AS MY BREAST BUT IT CONTINUES ALL THE WAY ROUND IT A CONTINUOUS PAIN IT THROBS AND IS VERY VERY PAINFUL . IT EASES THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
thanks for writing in.
There are two possibilities
1. herpes infection
2. spinal disease.
You need to consult a physician immediately. An x XXXXXXX of the spine and the corresponding rib cage or an MRI will help rule out any bony problem. The radiating severity of pain along a circular course along with some rash goes more in favor of herpes. the treatment of an established case is gabapentene, neurotropic vitamins and acyclovir tablets and ointment.
i hope this answers your doubt.
With regards