Getting pain on penis, burning sensation during and after erection. Required treatment?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,

I get pain in the lining of my member suddely and i comes ofently.
Pls help me what to do
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

In order to understand your problem better, can you provide the following clarifications:
- Where exactly are you having the pain - over the foreskin of the penis or in the inner part i.e. the glans or the head of the penis?
- Do you have any redness or swelling over the penis?
- Do you have any discharge or secretions over the glans or under the foreskin?
- Do you have any burning sensation or discomfort when passing urine?

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 45 minutes later
- Where exactly are you having the pain - over the foreskin of the penis or in the
inner part i.e. the glans or the head of the penis?-

Inner lining of the passage( Not the entire lining)

Do you have any redness or swelling over the penis?
No

Do you have any discharge or secretions over the glans or under the foreskin?
No

Nope, But before, during and after erection i have pain, burining sensation.
and sometimes when it is normal
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later

From the description of your symptoms, there could be the following possible causes for your problem:
- Urethritis (an infection and inflamation of the inner urinary passage)
- An ulceration or erosion in the urethral passage
Both these conditions can cause intermittent pain in the penis as well as painful erection.

I would suggest the following:
1) Have a urine culture test done to detect any infections
2) If found to have an infection, you have to take a course of antibiotic medication
3) Retract the foreskin and wash the penis with a diluted Betadine solution twice a day (Betadine solution should be available in all pharmacies)
4) For the pain and irritation, you can take Citralka syrup (two spoons of the syrup should be diluted in one glass of warm water and taken every night)
5) Drink plenty of water and fluids
6) Avoid masturbation or sexual activity for atleast 2 weeks while you are taking treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar