Getting pain in groin area. Could it be due to lifting weight?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello I'm having pain in my love handle area and into the groins also lower back sore. More uncomfortable not terrible pain and more so on my right side. Also I lift weights and wondering from over workin that area might have something to do but the pain is also in my groins and it gets worse when I sit down for a while. This occurred before and went away after a while also had a drinks both sat and sun and that's why I'm worried
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain and it not seems to be related to your drinks.

To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:

1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for it to heal.

You should try local pain killer sprays. It does not seem much serious issue but pain should be controlled. There are good medicines which can be used for this purpose, your clinician would know a suitable match for you after examination.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.

Follow up: Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
That's what I figured but it's okay for most part when I'm walking around but sitting on the floor which I was doing its painfull on the love handles and my groins are killing the pain soreness is around my sides to lower back to my groins still think it has something to do with muscles and you say drinks not sure what you meant. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 10 hours later
Thanks for posting your query again.

Symptoms you described above might occur due to pudendal nerve irritation and not due to your drinks taken on sat and sunday. Irritation of the pudendal nerve may result in sensory symptoms in any or all areas it supplies and spasms of the muscles supplied by it.

Extended sitting at work and frequent long drives are among the causes of pudendal nerve compression ,so I advice you to avoid prolong sitting in one posture. Take some breake during your work and do pelvic floor exersices for strengthening of muscles to improve core and lower extremity balance and stability.

In most cases these are well managed by good physical therapy.I would suggest getting this evaluated by your doctor for detailed examination so that proper management could be taken.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon