Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Getting pain in elbow. Facing difficulty in folding or stretching arm. Should I consult a orthopaedic?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Hi. I am 27 years old suffering from pain in the elbow and also whole of the right arm. The pain is severe when I do all the house old work like sweeping, mobbing, washing clothes and utensils etc. After work I find difficulty in folding or stretching my arm. Please help. Should I consult a orthopedic? Is it due to stress?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 38 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

Pain in elbow and arm seems to be due to muscle spasm. It could also be due to stress.
Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful to relieve the pain and spasm. You can also take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce the pain and inflammation.

Be relax and do not take stress. If the pain persists, I suggest you to get it evaluated by an orthopaedic for detailed clinical examination.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Hope this will help you
Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor