Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Getting pain in chest when I drink alcohol. What is the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
Why is it that sometimes when I drink alcohol,I get a pain in my chest and back?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gastric reflex disease. Better Quit Alcohol Intake Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is one of the most frequent problem of alcohol intake - Gastroesophageal reflux disease or Heart burn or Reflex disease. Thus my advise is to reduce your alcohol intake. As you already have Thoracic aneurysm, it is better to quit alcohol. In addition please take proton pump inhibitors like pantaprozole for a week or 2 weeks. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health. Regards, Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor