Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Getting pain around scrotum and feet after exercise. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14785 Questions
Hi, when i excercise for more than 10 minutes i get aching pains around my the ball and sides of my feet which gets worse and to the point where i have to stop, it fades soon after i stop, and sometimes in the arch and toes as well, ive cycyled through many types of footwear but nothings change, and its seriously stopping me from playing sport, ive had it for a few years now but it seems to be getting worse, also, im not flat footed my feet do have archs.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Pain in the foot may be due to many different diseases or injuries.Some of the most common cause of pain in the feet are: (1) sprain which occur when the ligaments are overstretched
(2) fracture- repeated trauma or stress to a particular area can sometimes cause small fractures called stress fractures
(3)inflammation of the tendons-tendonitis
(4)metarsalgia -this is most likely the cause of the pain that you are experiencing.this is pain and irritation of the joints in the ball of the foot which is brought on by strenuous activity.It is associated with high impact sports, poorly fittin shoes, it is also more common in persons with increased weight.It is treated by rest (you will need to restrict your exercise for at least 10 days to 2 weeks, use of ice pack for 10 to 30 mins, compression bandage and elevation if any swelling is present, pain medication usually of the anti-inflammatory class and use of inserts to decrease the pressure on the ball of the foot
(5)mortons neuroma-thickening of the tissues surrounding a nerve between the toes, it can cause numbness over the ball of the foot and pain .Treatment involves shoe inserts to relieve the pressure on the nerve, pain killers, some persons need steroid injections
(6)plantar fasciitis- this is inflammation of the plantar fascia which runs under the foot, it usually , however, is associated with heal pain

You can consider, if possible , visiting your GP who will be able to examine you to more accurately pinpoint the cause of your pain.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor