Getting orange bits in seamen. Is there any complication?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: orange bits in my seamen every so often healthy male no diseases perfect health sometimes happens when i get really excited
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 56 minutes later

Thanks for your query. You are 26 years old with good health and getting orange bits (Most likely Blood) in Semen. I shall be glad if you provide following information which will help me to give opinion regarding your problem.

1) Are You Diabetic?
2) Do you get Semen Analysis and Routine Urine Test?
6) Have you done your Ultrasound of Abdomen?

From the facts that you have stated, it appears that you may have what is known as Seminal Vesiculitis or Prostatitis. Please revert back with relevant information. I shall be happy to address your queries.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 15 hours later
Married had physical recently not a diabetic but it runs in the family. Had never had a uti never had and untrasound, when I was a kid I had a cyst in my left testicle removed. If it is prostatis or seminal vesiclitis is it treatable. Is it contagious wil my wife get it. My father had vercose vain in testicle removed when he was about my age can it be that. How is this treated
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for feedback.You have not mentioned anything about semen analysis in your reply.Are there any pus cells and RBCs in semen? Please consult some Urologist for clinical examination after getting your Trans rectal Ultrasound Scanning done .This will help to establish diagnosis of Seminal Vesiculitis or Prostatitis.Both these diseases can be treated by Antibiotics Based on facts that you have submitted it is unlikely to be Varicocele and it is not hereditary..Please do write if you need some more clarification from me.Thanks with regards
Dr Patil
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
I never had a seamen anayliss and there is no puss when you say treatable does that mean it goes away for good with antibiotics
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Let me clarify. The semen sample is examined microscopically to detect for presence of pus cells (Not Pus) during a Semen analysis. Presence of significant pus cells (same as white blood cells) indicates infection either in Seminal Vesicle or Prostate.

Absence of pus with semen doesn't necessarily mean absent pus cell in the semen sample. Therefore I urge you to get your semen analysis done.

If the presence of infection is confirmed, a course of antibiotic will cure the infection. However sometimes the treatment can be prolonged for a few months.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. Yet, if you have any more doubts/concern please do not hesitate to ask me again.

Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad