Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Getting numbness in leg and noticed soft lump under skin. Easy way to get cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
My son is 19 years old, he plays a lot of basketball, sometimes when he runs he feels his left leg get numb. Just today he noticed two lumps under the skin near his XXXXXXX (I have photos). The lumps are not hard and are actually soft to the touch and compress quite easily like a liquid. He sat down and they disappeared, when he stands up for a period of time they reappear, they are not causing any pain and are not painful to touch. Plmk thanks
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The lumps on the XXXXXXX which disappear on sitting are likely to be due to a venous swelling. Such small compressible lumps are benign swellings but need to be examined for proper diagnosis. Incompetent venous valves can cause such compressible swellings specially in those who stand for long hours.
The other possibility is a skin related swelling like sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. Do consult a physician for a direct examination in case it increases in size or becomes painful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor