Getting numbness and tingling sensation in arm after waking up. Worrisome

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: woke up with my right arm asleep now is still have a little tingling
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later
The pain numbness and tingling on waking up typically indicates a neurovascular bundle stretching which is mostly due to an awkward posture while you are asleep, mainly having the same posture for long time.
It particularly occurs when you keep the arm at levels of head when retiring to bed.
Make it a habit to go to bed with limbs by your sides and not under head.
It is not a cardiac problem and would subside as the day passes.
I hope that answered your query