Getting migraine and having pressure in eyes. Suggest the measures to prevent migraine

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I get migraines behind my eyes seems to hsve pressure there this happend quite often I have mri and eeg that come clean anything I can do to prevent the occurene or what can cause these migrainee any sugestions
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that every person has different triggers for migraine and you have to recognise that trigger to avoid migraine . Everything and anything under the sun can lead to migraine but still Avoid Loud Noises and Bright Lights. .Try avoiding Certain foods, such as chocolate, red wine , processed meats, sweeteners , msg and cheese, can initiate the headaches. Many women tend to experience more migraine headaches during their menstrual cycle due to hormonal changes . During this time, women should be more vigilant with their diet and exercise habits. Fasting or skipping meals can trigger migraine headaches so be regular with your eating habits . Lack of sleep can aggravate symptoms as well, so make sure sleep for at least eight hours . Avoid Stress , Regular exercise etc . , practise haelthy lifestyle . A headcahe diary is to be maintained . Take care. Dr. Shruti