Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Getting lower abdominal pain and it feels pressure. How to overcome this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12746 Questions
Lately I've been getting lower abdominal pain and it feels like there is something wrong I have so much pressure and sometimes feel moving but I'm not pregnant
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Thanks for the query and the history.
The symptoms of lower abdominal pain, pressure could be due to one of the following conditions:-

1. Pelvic inflammatory disease.

2. Ovarian cyst with or without rupture or torsion: this is a condition that can release excess of estrogen hormones in the blood resulting in fluid retention and hence facial and abdominal distention.

3. Any pelvic infection related to the intestines or colon (Enteritis Or Colitis)- Usually associated with nausea, diarrhea, fever, etc.
You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room so that you can be evaluated with a panel of blood tests and a ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan to diagnose the underlying condition and initiate necessary interventions for proper treatment.
In the mean time, home measures such as hot compresses over the lower abdomen and massages can help. Over the counter analgesics such as ibuprofen can be useful on some occasions.
I hope this helps.
I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting lower abdominal pain and it feels pressure. How to overcome this? 17 minutes later
I went to the e.r and they said it was cubchronic pain but it hurts bad
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if it is a chronic pain, the cause needs to be identified with proper investigations like blood and urine work and ultrasound scan. This will help in the proper treatment. You can consult your physician for the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor